Chocolate Laced: 21 Day Challenge - Day 12 - Jazz Up Jeans

by - Friday, August 26, 2011


I've been looking and looking for ways that I could incorporate my remix item into another challenge day and, lo and behold, day 12 tells me to jazz up my jeans!

Day 12: I think it's fair to say that jeans are a staple for most people. They're comfortable, versatile, and come in a huge range of styles and price ranges. Odds are good that you A. own a pair of jeans and B. wear them constantly. The problem is that jeans go just as well with a frumpy t-shirt as a silk top or blazer and, in our casual culture, people tend to reach for the frumpy t-shirt first. So for I want you to bust out those jeans but jazz them up. Go fancy or rock and roll or office chic or whatever, but don't go frump.

One of the reasons that it's so hard for me to have a style definition is because I love just about everything! Especially menswear! A friend of mine is an extremely dapper fellow and his style is so on point that he was stopped in his tracks, photographed and interviewed for a publication in his university's paper about how fly he is! (He attends Howard U.) I am dedicating this outfit to him.

What I'm Wearing
Bow Necklace: DIY (chain hooked onto barrette)
Linen Blazer: UK Style French Connection ($12)
V-Neck Silk Knit Sweater: H&M ($3 eBay)
***Button Down: A'gaci ($5)***
Gold Watch: gift (my mother's collection)
Bracelets: assorted
Leather Belt: Topshop (my sister's closet)
Jeans: H&M SQIN (3 for $10 eBay: ~$3)
Canvas Satchel: ASOS ($25)
Oxfords: Bamboo ($10)
TOTAL: $55
(The asterisks indicate my remix item!)

I really wanted to wear an actual bow tie, but my shirt wasn't made for those, so I got innovative! I took one of my hair barrettes, a chain from a necklace that I rarely wear, and I went to work! Ta-da! The finished product!

Boy! Already halfway through with this 21 day challenge and I'm loving each day! Stay tuned for tomorrow! (I'm super excited about it, by the way!)

You May Also Like

0 comments